This is Mod #1, John, here to announce that AUDITIONS FOR MSPA-VOICES ARE OPEN!
What is this, you may ask?
Why, it’s a little voice acting group just for the webcomics created by the infamous Andrew Hussie. Yes, not just Homestuck, in fact, we’ll be open for all the adventures!
Not going to lie, the majority of the comics and videos we produce WILL be Homestuck, but we’re just doing what we find enjoyable and able to do!
Now, there are going to be some rules and all that jazz, even though we’re literally the most goofy idiots you could possibly ever come to know. But believe me, it’s just to make sure we don’t end up… killing each other, in a way?
Well here they are, the rules!:
- You have to be a nice person. Me and Digi have been hurt countless numbers of times due to some dickwad person interfering in our lives and we really don’t want it to happen IN OUR OWN GROUP. If we hear of any sort of rude behavior or egoism or just overall not being cool/nice, we’re going to bring it up with all known suspects and figure out what’s happening. We won’t be afraid to kick you out, no matter what.
- Have a good microphone! We’re not saying have a huge set-up with a wind buffer and shit, just make sure it’s not just STATIC AND NON-UNDERSTABLE MUMBLES. If it’s loudness problems, that’s not much of a biggy to fix, but for your audition, we’d prefer to hear what we are getting.
- Prepare to be an active member. We almost all talk on skype, so it’s required you have one and it’s not one you NEVER go on. Important things will be said in a group chat, private chats, etc, etc. It’s just the easiest way we see it. If we find you being completely unactive we will probably kick you out.
- Finish your assignments within said deadlines. If we’re making a video or something, the deadline will usually be around two weeks, depending on what and how much is needed. If you have some kind of issue, message us via tumblr AND skype to make sure we know about it.
- Please don’t be mad if you don’t get accepted. We’re not going to be extremely picky, we are non-biased voters and we’re just picking what sounds nice to us and we all come in agreement! If we don’t like, we’re not going to add you in, sorry!
Now that you’ve read the rules, let’s get down and dirty about how you are going to submit auditions to us!
- You may record up to however many characters you want, but only ONE will be accepted, if at all!
- Record a good chunk of text with each characters, showing off emotions and really showing your voice. (Note: if you are going for a character like Aradia, you will be required to voice all different voices you may have for them (dead, alive, robot, etc))
- PLEASE DO NOT USE AUDIO EFFECTS. We want to hear what we are getting and not what you want us to get. We are going to possibly live stream our voices later on or some who-knows-what, so we need your actual voice. The only exceptions for this are robotic characters, but the editors are going to edit those in the videos, so it’s kinda pointless.
- Upload your recording to a good site where it’s easy to receive the file. Tindeck is my best recommendation.
- Send us the link to the recording either at the mspa-voices SUBMIT box, my submit box, Digi’s submit box, my deviantart (in notes), or Digi’s deviantart (in notes).
- Those are also way you will be able to contact us if needed (with the exception of our ask boxes).
That’s it man!
Bye kiddos, hope to see you in the group!